From: Jeffrey Logsdon (jeff@cyborganic.com)
And: Sarah Keough (jem@cyborganic.com)

Date: Fri, 16 Feb. 1996 09:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
Dateline: Ye Olde Cyber-Shoppe

Serf's Up!

chef Zoe In the spirit of feudal uprisings everywhere the TND crowd shook their chicken drumstick laden fists at the oppression lorded over them by members of the Congress of the United States last night. The peons of the local cyber-community banded together to vent their frustrations and enjoy an evening of good, old fashioned, RenFaire drama.
This weeks Guest Chefs Dan Haig and Zoe Krylova provided a feast for the masses as part of the evening's theme likening the passage of the Communications Decency Act to the oppression of the serfs of the dark ages at the hands of their feudal lords. Where have our rights gone? Here's what happens when it is illegal to express yourself via electronic means.
Sarah
The evening was fairly quiet and intimate. The lights were low and during the early part of the evening the music tended towards Gaelic folk and Irish traditional. I'm pretty sure I heard some Clannad in the mix. As the night progressed a few more folk showed up and our Guest DJ Jamie Lawrence slipped into gear with some louder music. Here's the Kid Wonder hanging around. We got a new couch this week! Okay, so it's not really new, but even so - Yay!!! Even more exciting than the couch: Steve Bahcall joined the party last night!
swabbie

The Swabmaster for the evening, Stacy Sanders was hard pressed when the dishwashing liquid ran dry. Doh! Someone kindly offered a consoling hand.

Overall, another nice relaxing TND. With thoughts of Net censorship, dangers to freedom of speech, and oppression in general on everyone's minds, Dan's idea of a peasant revolt at Cyborganic seemed ideal. Vent your frustrations through uninhibited speech and eat well too. That's what I call a good way to end the week.

And don't forget to visit our counterpart in New York!
------
Jeffrey C. Logsdon
jeff@cyborganic.com

"The mind of man is capable of anything-because everything is in it,
all the past as well as all the future." - Joseph Conrad