TND Recipes

Date: Sat, 24 Feb 1996 18:45:06 -0800 (PST)
From: Bagus Haig
To: tnd-sf@cyborganic.com
Subject: recipe!

Hot Stew and Chili for Mardi Gras

As prepared for TND by Bagus Haig.

There is only one way to do this recipe which is to just do it all at once. I can 't really separate the recipies for the cajun chili and the cajun spuds cuz the spices went into both...

Anyway, the chili had lots of meat, which I caught a bunch of shit for, and well, it's a bummer for the poor animals, but (insert carnivorous rationalization here).

3 lbs ground beef, browned
2 packs bacon, - almost blackened
2 lbs spicy sausage, cut into chunks and fried in a pan

Throw in:
about 6 pounds of kidney beans
about 7 lbs of canned tomatos
three onions
3 green peppers

Then, quarter new potatos... two per person. I did 40. Put 'em on top of a metal collander in a big pot and add a few inches of water. Steam 'em for 20 minutes.

Then ya gotta make some sauce:

Melt three sticks of butter and heat
Add 3 heads of garlic (yes, three heads)

Add in order of abundance (I think, and throw some of each into the chili as you go too!):

1/2 cup red wine
Paprika
Mustard Powder
Black Pepper
Cayenne Pepper
Worstechestershire Sauce
-probably some stuff I am forgetting.

Cook the spicy butter mix separately until the spuds and chili are done.

Then, spoon a bunch of it over the spuds and pour the rest into the chili.

Add cut fresh parsley and thyme on the spuds and serve 'em. Cook the chili down as long as you can wait then eat!

The salad was Romaine with tomatos and cucumbers

You can double this recipe!

-Bagus