TND Recipes

Date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 14:21:28 -0800 (PST)
From: David Wolfgang-Kimball
To: tnd-sf@cyborganic.com
Subject: Re: tnd recipes

http://www.webcom.com/~hrtmath/IHM/HMNL/HMNL0404/Recipe404.html

Black Bean Chili Soup

Serves 6 to 8

3 tbs vegetable oil
1/4 lb sliced mushrooms
1 small onion, chopped fine
2 zucchini, coarsely chopped
1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
1-16 oz can chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 small box frozen corn
4-16 oz cans black beans
2 tbs fresh dill, chopped

Pour oil into dutch oven or heavy soup pot. SautZ first seven ingredients for five to seven minutes.
Add tomatoes, parsley, basil, cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes.
Then add corn, black beans, dill, and lemon juice. Simmer 15 minutes longer.

Serve with sour cream, scallions, and shredded cheese.

Taken from our collection of recipes served at HeartMath retreats.

OR

http://www.digistorm.com/kitchen/recipe1.html

Vegetarian Black Bean Chili
Today's recipe is one of my favorite vegetarian recipes. I made this chili for
the first time six years ago as part of a Labor Day barbecue. It was a big hit!
The chili has been served many times since. It was also featured in an early
cooking section over on Compuserve a few years ago, to a terrific response.

Vegetarian Black Bean Chili

        2 eggplants, 1/2 inch dice
        2 tbspns Kosher Salt
        1 cup Olive Oil
        4 Onions cut 1/2 inch
        4 Zucchini cut into 1/4 inch dice
        2 red and 2 yellow Peppers
        8 large garlic cloves minced
        16 ripe plum tomatoes
        2 cups broth
        2 cups Italian Parsley
        1 Cup slivered Basil
        6 tbspns Best Chili Powder
        3 tbspns Cumin
        2 tbspns Dry Oregano
        2 tspns Pepper
        1 tspn Dried Red Pepper Flakes
        Salt To Taste
        4 cups Black Beans (soaked overnight in cold water)
        3 cups Corn kernels
        1 cup fresh Dill
        1/2 cup fresh Lemon Juice
        Sour Cream, Jack Cheese, Green Onion garnish

Directions: Dice the eggplant, sprinkle with the kosher salt and let stand for
one hour while cutting up remaining ingredients. Cook the onions, peppers,
zucchini and garlic in 1/2 cup oil. Cook the eggplant in the remaining 1/2 cup
oil. Place cooked vegetables in a casserole. Add tomatoes, broth, cup of
parsley, basil and spices. Cook on a low heat for 40 minutes. Add black beans,
corn, dill, lemon juice, cook for further 30 minutes. Add remaining parsley and
season.
Serves 20

(note that the beans need to be cooked more!)

dip

               \     /

              -  (o)  -                dipwick@cyborganic.com

               /  |  \