From:Sarah Keough (jem@cyborganic.net)

Date: Fri, 5 Apr. 1996 11:10:27 -0700 (PDT)
Dateline: Ramona

Axil

The Cyborgnaic Seder

This week's TND was a little bit different than usual. A small (about 35 people) group of TNDers gathered to celebrate the beginning of Passover. Axil Comras was the main coordinator for this week's very special TND. Many others contributed by bringing plates of food, wine, and their smiling faces, of course.

The Haggadah used was a printout of Howard Rheingold's CyberSeder Haggadah, with feminist additions to the Hebrew by Ovid Jacob. All the rituals were spelled out and explained, including the reason for the presence of each particular food. Around the tables, people were asking if anyone wanted more freedom (apples, cinnamon and walnuts), or bricks (matzah).

Axil began by encouraging us to question any part of the story and rituals, saying that's what it's really all about. Well, leave it to the unfailing ability of Cyborganics to bust out with computer jokes at any event. Someone yelled out that having a gender neutral seder meant that it was a multiplatform seder. Geeks.

Robert Altman took a few pictures for us and wrote down his take on the evening.

Mark Brotherton was our beautiful swabmaster this week. The man had to deal with an enormous amount of dishes and cups and pots and pans, and he pulled it off brilliantly. Bravo!

And don't forget to visit our counterpart in New York!

Sarah Kid Wonder
jem@cyborganic.com
http://www.cyborganic.com/People/jem
booty.