Try Story Soup!
Senior Producer, New Media
Computer Curriculum Corporation
a Simon & Schuster company
1997 - 1998
Responsible for development of online student projects and teacher activities for Silver Burdett Ginn (SBG), the largest publisher of elementary textbooks in the United States. Managed all aspects of web production for the SBGSchool.com. Produced online activities for SBGMath.com and CCCnet.
- led redesign of SBG site in conjunction with the 1998 launch of eDscape, Simon & Schuster's K-12 education network
- assembled and managed production team of instructional writers, artists, engineers and outside developers
- supervised implementation, quality assurance testing and project documentation
- developed style guidelines and production process standards for entire New Media group
- designed and produced web publishing tools enabling SBG marketing personnel to directly maintain web pages for their regions
- assessed user-interface, technical and administrative functionality in SBGSchool and CCCnet online student projects and drafted recommendations
- specified and designed new features for on-going maintenance of teacher community areas on the SBGschool and CCCnet web sites
- worked within strict budgetary limits